“Good beginnings make a positive difference in the world, so it is worth our while to provide the best possible care for mothers and babies throughout this extraordinarily influential part of life.” —Ina May Gaskin
Birth Doula Package
Bringing your child into the world is a life changing event that you will always remember. It’s my priority to ensure that you have the birth experience you desire. My birth doula services include 1-2 prenatal visits, labor support beginning whenever you feel you need it and one postpartum visit to spend some time with you and baby as well as process the birth. I also work with a sliding scale when I can, so please inquire if in need!
- My initial in-person consult is free of charge and allows us to talk and determine if we will be a good fit.
- During our prenatal visits we will get to know each other and discuss your birth desires and expectations as well as any fears or concerns you may have. I will assist in helping you to create a birth plan as well as prepare questions for your care providers. We will speak about pain management options and discuss how you and your partner imagine this experience together. I'm also happy to work with you to provide a letter for your insurance company if you are applying for reimbursement.
- I will be available to you for unlimited phone and email support and will be on call for you 24 hrs a day starting at your 37th week.
- Beginning whenever you feel you need it, I will lend continuous support throughout labor and aid your partner to participate at their own comfort level. I provide emotional support, assist in physical comfort measures, as well as assist you in obtaining information you need to make informed decisions.
- I will remain with you after the birth, until you and baby are comfortable and your family is ready for quiet time together. I'm happy to help establish initial breastfeeding if desired.
- During our postpartum visit, I will help you process the birth and establish successful breastfeeding, if that is your hope.
Postpartum Doula Services
The first few weeks with a new baby in the home is exciting, but can also feel overwhelming and exhausting. As your postpartum doula, I am a companion and caregiver who provides emotional and physical support during this life change. Guiding in a gentle, non-judgmental way, I aim to aid you in developing your own unique parenting style. Postpartum care begins after the birth of your baby and lasts as long as your family needs.
Postpartum Care includes:
- Assistance with post birth recovery whether vaginal or cesarean, and a gentle focus on the mother's emotional and physical well being.
- Help with newborn care such as diapering, bathing, feeding and comforting, as well as sibling adjustment.
- We will cook nourishing, healthy meals and assist in finding easy recipes for you to feed your family.
- Evidence based breastfeeding support: latch and positioning, pumping and bottle feeding.
- Referrals to local resources such as parenting forums/classes, pediatricians, lactation support and support groups.
- Unlimited phone and email support.
- Light housekeeping.